Register now for upcoming
- Legal Alert: Court Requires EEOC to Substantiate 30% Limit on Wellness Program Incentives
- Have You Had Your HR Checkup?
- Changes in the I-9… again
- Voluntary Benefits: The Upside of Giving Employees a Choice
- Legal Alert: Senate Republicans Release Updated Discussion Draft of ACA Repeal Bill
- How Technology Saves You Money
- Legal Alert: Senate Republicans Release Healthcare Bill; Largely Mirroring House Bill but with Some Key Differences
- Take Action: Create a Culture of Wellness
- 7 Budget Friendly Wellness Programs
- 5 P’s for Better Employee Wellness
- Workplace Wellness: Why do we need it?
- Legal Alert: REMINDER: PCORI Fees Due by July 31, 2017
- Do Your Employees Feel Valued?
- Legal Alert: House Republicans Pass American Health Care Act; Bill Heads to Senate for Further Consideration
- Alera Group from the Ground Up
- Are you proactive in your human resources practices?
- Legal Alert: House Republicans Withdraw the AHCA Before a Planned Vote But Efforts to Repeal Continue
- Legal Alert: House Committees Release Proposed Legislation to Repeal and Replace the ACA
- Legal Alert: White House Extends Transition Relief for Non-Compliant Plans through 2018
- Legal Alert: IRS to Continue Accepting Tax Returns without Indication of Health Insurance
December 2017 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Affordable Care Act
When I was younger, the company my father worked for sponsored a family day at an amusement park in Des Moines. One of the features at the park was an old fashion wooden roller coaster. Because his company rented out … Continue reading
President Trump moved swiftly after taking office on Friday, issuing an Executive Order intended to minimize the economic and regulatory burdens of the Affordable Care Act (“ACA”). The order is somewhat symbolic and has no immediate effect on employers, many … Continue reading
Employers with self-insured major medical plans are reminded to report their membership count to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) via the pay.gov website by November 15, 2016, as part of the Affordable Care Act’s (“ACA”) transitional … Continue reading
The DOL recently proposed revisions to Form 5500 (Annual Return/Report for Employee Benefit Plan), the related schedules, and the rules that govern the forms. These changes would first apply for the 2019 plan year, although certain changes may be implemented … Continue reading
In May, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) published a final rule implementing Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of, among other grounds, sex (including gender identity) in certain health … Continue reading
While the deadline to electronically file Affordable Care Act (ACA) information returns with the IRS passed on June 30, 2016, the ACA Information Returns (AIR) system used to electronically file those returns will remain up and running. On June 30th, the … Continue reading
In June, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) reportedly mailed out several hundred thousand notices to employers, informing them that one or more of their employees have been certified as eligible for a premium subsidy through a … Continue reading
On March 21, 2016 the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights (OCR) announced the start of phase 2 (Phase 2) of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Audit Program. According to an OCR … Continue reading