Register now for upcoming
- Legal Alert: Court Requires EEOC to Substantiate 30% Limit on Wellness Program Incentives
- Have You Had Your HR Checkup?
- Changes in the I-9… again
- Voluntary Benefits: The Upside of Giving Employees a Choice
- Legal Alert: Senate Republicans Release Updated Discussion Draft of ACA Repeal Bill
- How Technology Saves You Money
- Legal Alert: Senate Republicans Release Healthcare Bill; Largely Mirroring House Bill but with Some Key Differences
- Take Action: Create a Culture of Wellness
- 7 Budget Friendly Wellness Programs
- 5 P’s for Better Employee Wellness
- Workplace Wellness: Why do we need it?
- Legal Alert: REMINDER: PCORI Fees Due by July 31, 2017
- Do Your Employees Feel Valued?
- Legal Alert: House Republicans Pass American Health Care Act; Bill Heads to Senate for Further Consideration
- Alera Group from the Ground Up
- Are you proactive in your human resources practices?
- Legal Alert: House Republicans Withdraw the AHCA Before a Planned Vote But Efforts to Repeal Continue
- Legal Alert: House Committees Release Proposed Legislation to Repeal and Replace the ACA
- Legal Alert: White House Extends Transition Relief for Non-Compliant Plans through 2018
- Legal Alert: IRS to Continue Accepting Tax Returns without Indication of Health Insurance
November 2017 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: Iowa Health Insurance
September 18th they will be utilizing a new form and you will need to begin using it on or before that date. If you have been using the online form this should be pretty easy for you. They really have … Continue reading
We are thrilled to introduce our newest team member, Director of Compliance and Human Resources Consulting, Doug Petersma! Doug joins the Group Services team with 30+ years of human resources and operations management experience. He looks forward to using his experience … Continue reading
In a recent blog we alerted you to the coming storm known as the Cadillac tax. We also offered three separate but interrelated strategies for winning the Cadillac tax game. We call them The Big 3: Design, Funding and Health. … Continue reading
On the surface it seems so simple… You turn 65, someone at the Social Security office automatically signs you up for Medicare and sends you a nice little red, white and blue card to show to your doctor the next … Continue reading
In December 2014, the U.S. Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services and Treasury issued proposed rules that would allow employers to offer limited “wraparound” plans. This would give employees access to high-level benefits, even if they would lack generous … Continue reading
In February, the U.S. Labor Department updated the Family and Medical Leave Act’s (FMLA) definition of spouse. This extends the benefits under the FMLA to workers in legal same-sex marriages, regardless of where they live. The Department of Labor’s rule … Continue reading
Summer will soon be here and accident claims typically jump 20 percent during summer months. Summer poses particular dangers for teens and children. The National Safety Council says, “The 100 deadliest days for teen drivers stretch from Memorial Day to … Continue reading
In 2012, 22.7 percent of adults ages 85 and older lived in a multi-generational household, reports Pew. As people live longer, experts expect this trend to continue. Why Should Employers Care? Productivity. Caregiving — and the stresses it creates — … Continue reading